The Best Homemade Burger
- 2 1/2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Make the spice mixture by mixing the Worcestershire, olive oil, garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper together.
- Add the spice mixture to the ground beef. Massage the mixture into the meat.
- Create six tennis-sized balls with the meat.
- Compress the meat with your thumbs to create patties.
- Place a large thumbprint/divot in the center of each patty.
- Add a cube of butter to each patty inside of that divot.
- Grill the patties on high heat. 6 minutes on the first side. 4-5 minutes on the second side.
- Let meat rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite veggies and condiments.
Notes: You can eat this with a bun if you'd like or go lettuce wrapped for those who don't want to have bread. You can also add any type of cheese to make this burger even better!