Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
Sweet Chili Sauce
- 3.5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Pinch of salt
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, for frying
- 1 cup nappa cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- To make the sweet chili sauce combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until thickened. Let cool then mix with the mayonnaise and Sriracha.
- In a large bowl combine the shredded Napa cabbage, shredded red cabbage, minced cilantro, and green onions. Toss with the 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon honey and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- To make the tortillas combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat and add a bit of coconut oil or butter to the pan. Pour in 1/5 of the batter at a time and spread out into about a 6" circle. Allow to cook 1-2 minutes then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes. The tortillas should be soft and foldable but golden brown. Repeat until you have 5 tortillas and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and melt the coconut oil. Toss shrimp with tapioca until covered and place in skillet. Fry 2 minutes until golden, flip and fry another 2-3 minutes until cooked through and crispy. Toss with Bang Bang sauce.
- To assemble place slaw in tortilla and top with shrimp and a drizzle of Sriracha if desired.