Southwest Kale Salad
FOR THE SALAD:
- 2/3 bunch of kale
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4-1/2 cup crispy tortilla strips (optional but delicious!)
- 1/4-1/2 cup toasted pecan halves and pieces
- drizzle with barbecue ranch dressing: combine equal parts of your favorite smoky sweet BBQ sauce with homemade ranch dressing + adjust to taste
- Wash and remove the center stalk/rib from the kale leaves, tearing each leaf into tiny bite-sized pieces as you go.
- Drizzle with olive oil and massage to soften/tenderize the kale leaves.
- Top with all your favorites from the ingredient list above and whisk together the dressing on the side.
- Set aside.