peanut butter, banana overnight oats
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon whole flax seeds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 almond milk
- pinch of sea salt to help break down the oats
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1-2 Tablespoons peanut butter, depending on how much flavor you would like
- 1/2 banana sliced (wait until the next day for this!)
Mix the oats, flax seeds, salt and cinnamon in the mason jar or bowl. Add the almond milk and maple syrup and stir well. Drop in the peanut butter and mix it around just a little. Place the lid on the jar or cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
In the morning, remove the lid or plastic wrap. Top the oats with the banana slices. You can drizzle on some extra maple syrup and add a pinch of cinnamon to the top of the bananas as well!