breakfast approved grain free, dairy free cinnamon rolls
I've had a craving for some clean cinnamon rolls for a while now sooooo Ren and I finally sat in the kitchen and whipped up these delicious treats. I just used the ingredients we had in our kitchen and I am no pro at making clean icing yet, so that will just have to wait, but these were delicious none the less. We hope you enjoy them too!
For the cinnamon rolls
3 cups fine ground blanched almond flour, I would definitely use almond flour over almond meal.
1/2 tsp sea salt salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tbs honey
2 eggs at room temperature
For the filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all dry ingredients (almond flour, sea salt and baking soda) to a bowl and mix well.
- Add all wet ingredients (coconut oil, honey and eggs) to another bowl (I chose my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer to mix these ingredients.)
- Then add wet and dry ingredients and mix well until they are completely incorporated and create a dough like consistency.
- Then roll out the dough on parchment paper to the width you would like. If the dough is too sticky, you can (and I always need too) sprinkle on additional almond flour to make it more manageable.
- Cut right away using about three fingers width for each "strip"
- With each strip begin to drizzle "the filling" honey and cinnamon over them.
- Then roll them up and shape them a bit if needed.
- Spray coconut oil on cookie sheet and begin to place cinnamon rolls accordingly.
- Place in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, but be sure to check in on them often to make sure they are baking well and do not over bake.