- 3-4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1 small yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 15-ounce cans coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- salt to taste
- juice of 1 lime (plus additional lime wedges for serving)
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 cups cooked white rice, for serving
- Chop chicken into 1-inch (bite sized) pieces. Drizzle a large pan or skillet with oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken, onions, and peppers to pan. Saute 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle yellow curry powder over chicken and veggies. Continue to saute 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add red curry paste, coconut milk, coconut sugar, and lime juice to pan. Stir over medium heat until sauce is begins to bubble. Stir in cabbage and cook 1-2 minutes just until cabbage is tender (OR you can steam the cabbage or microwave it on high for 2-3 minutes and serve it on top of the curry instead of cooking it into the curry - I usually prefer to serve it on top like this)
- Taste, add salt, and taste again. (Add more salt as needed)
- Serve with cauliflower rice and garnish with fresh, chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing on top.