apple, shaved brussels sprouts and walnut salad
For the Salad
- 1 pound shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 medium tart apple (like Granny Smith)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the shaved brussels sprouts in a bowl
- Slice the apple and red onion. Combine with brussels sprouts.
- Toast the walnuts in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant and lightly browned, about two minutes then combine with other ingredients.
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients into a jar with a tight-fighting lid. Close the lid and shake until well-combined. Pour over the Brussels sprout mixture, and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.