mini "corn bread" muffins - grain free and corn free
We made these homemade little muffins on the fly last week for the first time and they are already a family favorite. They taste and have the feel of corn bread, without the corn or grains. They are pretty amazing and they are so easy to make too! Top them with some grass fed butter and honey and they are..... oooooohhhhhh so good.
Try them out and let me know what you think.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 6 eggs (preferably pasture-raised)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- coconut oil or butter (to grease muffin pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease large 6-8 muffin cups with coconut oil or butter.
- In a mixing bowl or food processor combine almond flour, coconut flour, and salt. Then add eggs, and honey. The batter will be thick. Spoon it into a mini muffin tin. Pat tops down into rounded heaps and use a brush to dab with with butter (if you want to omit this, they still come out great). Bake for 15-25 minutes. You just have to keep checking in on them. They'll have firm tops and become light brown on the ends when they're ready.