Cajun Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (with the skins on and washed well)
- 1 Tbs melted coconut oil
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into matchstick-sized pieces. First slice the ends off. Then slice the potato in half, and thinly slice lengthwise. Take those slices, and cut them again lengthwise into several matchsticks.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl with melted coconut oil, salt, pepper, and other seasonings.
- Toss the ingredients together with your hands several times, until all the seasonings are evenly dispersed.
- Transfer the seasoned sweet potatoes into the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip with a spatula. Bake another 8-10 minutes until crispy and brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately