blood orange and mixed bean salad with sprouts
- 1 red Thai chile or other small hot red chile, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt, ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked, cooled mixed beans (such as black-eyed peas, giant white lima beans, and/or gigante beans)
- 3 blood or navel oranges
- 2 small celery stalks, very thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 cup sprouts (such as alfalfa, radish, or broccoli), divided
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, divided
- Combine chile, oil, lime juice, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add beans and toss to coat. Let sit 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Meanwhile, using a small knife, remove peel and white pith from oranges. Cut crosswise into ¼"-thick rounds.
- Add oranges, celery, and half of sprouts and cilantro to beans. Season with salt and pepper and toss once to combine.
- Serve topped with remaining sprouts and cilantro.