A BIG hit in our house is some lovely morning muffins. Since we eat grain, dairy and sugar free (for the most part), we came across this super delicious recipe and gave it a whirl… it's now a weekly favorite and super easy to grab on the go for the little guy. The chocolate makes it seem like dessert… therefore guilt free? I think so… Enjoy!
prep time 10 | cook time 25 | total time 35
- 3 bananas, mashed with a fork
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup smooth almond butter (I have substituted peanut butter and they still come out amazing!)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, chopped into pieces (or other chocolate chips you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add eggs, maple syrup, almond butter (or peanut butter), and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Then add coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and powder and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Lastly, fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into 9 cups of a silicone muffin pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool before removing from silicone pan.