Steak Salad with Garlic Vinaigrette
For the salad lover in my family… you know who you are… let this be a recipe just for you and anyone else who loves summer grilled steak a top a delicious bed of greens. Enjoy!
- 1/2 lb sirloin steak, (grilled or pan-seared first, then sliced)
- 4 cups greens – we used Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup red cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 3 Tbsp of avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp paleo mayo
- 1 small to medium garlic clove, pressed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat dry and season steak with your favorite seasoning, or sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Cook on well-oiled grill or in a cast iron pan (along with 1 Tbsp of oil) over medium-high heat about 5 minutes per side for medium rare steak. Remove from heat, place on plate and tent with aluminum foil for 10-15 minutes before slicing crosswise into thin strips.
- Arrange salad ingredients on plates as desired, or place in large bowl and toss
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined. Pour over salad as desired.