This next few days I'll be sharing some of our favorite grilled recipes. Because WHO doesn't LOVE delicious, easy summer foods!? Starting with some mouth watering Honey Garlic Shrimp Skillet yumminess.
serves 4 | prep time: 15 minutes | total time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos (We use the Braggs brand - it's an excellent alternative to soy sauce that tastes amazing and is actually good for you)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil for pan
- chopped green onion for garnish
- Whisk the honey, liquid aminos, garlic, and ginger together in a medium bowl.
- Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware. Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8 hours. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in the skillet. (Discard used marinade. Cook shrimp on one side until no longer pink-- about 45 seconds-- then flip shrimp over. Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion. The sauce is super yummy on cauliflower rice and steamed veggies on the side.