Breakfast is a BIG event in our house and when you come across a recipe the whole family enjoys it's always worth a share.
Summer Zucchini Basil Frittata
- 3 small zucchinis, shredded
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 8-10 basil leaves, sliced + extra for garnishing
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Shred zucchinis, place between two paper towels and place a heavy dish on top to help pull out the excess liquid.
- Place a large oven safe sauté pan over medium heat. Add italian sausage, onion, and garlic clove to pan and break sausage apart with a wooden spoon. Cook until meat is browned and no pink remains. Remove from heat. Whisk together eggs, basil, red pepper flakes and salt then pour into pan with sausage and onion. Then add in shredded zucchini that has excess water removed. Mix to combine completely then place extra basil leaves throughout pan on top of the egg mixture.
- Place in oven to bake for 25 minutes or until eggs do not jiggle in the middle of the pan. Slice and eat!