chocolate lovers coco and coconut cream mousse
This is super, super, super yummy. We've been making them every holiday season and filling them with anything and everything, but mostly chocolate. Plus it's dairy free, which makes it great for ALL!
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (10 oz. or 283g)
- 1 cup coconut cream/milk, full fat, refrigerated overnight (about 2 cans)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Melt the bag of Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips using the double boiler method. While you are waiting for the chocolate to melt line a cupcake pan with silicone liners.
- After your chocolate has melted use a spoon to coat the inside of the silicone liners. Put a dollop of chocolate in the bottom and spin the cup while pushing the chocolate up with the bottom of the spoon until the insides of the silicone cups are lined evenly. I found the thicker the sides were the better, they were less prone to cracking when trying to remove from the silicone liner.
- Place the cupcake pan in the freezer or refrigerator to harden while you prepare the chocolate mousse.
- In a tall cup or bowl put the hardened layer of coconut cream/milk from the refrigerated cans, equaling about a cup, along with the rest of the ingredients. Use an immersion blender or hand mixer to combine and whip the ingredients together. Put in the refrigerator to thicken for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cupcake pan and peel the silicone liners off the chocolate. Fill the chocolate cups with mousse however you would like. I got fancy and used a 1M star tip, but you could use a spoon or an ice cream scoop as well. Garnish and enjoy! Keep cups refrigerated between eating.