thai cauliflower rice salad with peanut butter sauce
I really enjoy cauliflower rice. It is such an easy thing to throw together and it always makes a great dish. Trader Joe's has been selling organic pre-cut cauliflower rice for sometime now, at least in our area which cuts prep time in half. They also sell an organic "California" slaw that has kale, brussels sprouts, cabbage and other veggies in it that would help cut even more prep out. This meal could potentially be made in 10 minutes with those pre-packaged ingredients. You can get creative, see what extra veggies you have in your fridge and add or take away anything from this list and it would still fast great. If you like Thai food, then you'll love this salad. Enjoy!
serves: 4 | prep time 10 | cook time 10
For the salad
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 mango peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 bell pepper, cut in small cubes
- ½ cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 inch ginger piece, peeled
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1 tsp organic raw honey
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Remove the cauliflower greens, cut in florets, rinse and drain well.
- Place the florets in the food processor and pulse until you obtain the rice size.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet, add the onion and garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add the cauliflower and coconut milk, mix to combine and cook for five minutes on low heat, until the cauliflower is tender, but not mushy.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Add the cauliflower, mango, bell pepper, red cabbage, spring onion and parsley in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the sauce ingredients in the blender, and pulse to obtain a smooth, creamy liquid.
- Pour over the cauliflower salad and toss carefully, to combine.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.