bomb fried cauliflower rice
Every once in a while we have a strong craving for dirty chinese. But eating Paleo has made that hard to satisfy that craving until we came across Cauliflower "rice." That's right you can "rice" cauliflower and fry it up and you can't even tell a difference! It's a perfect grain free option and the best part is Trader Joe's started selling it already cut up. So literally all you have to do is open the bag and fry it up. The world of easy AND healthy just got a little more attainable. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
serves: 4 | cook time 20
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup carrots, cubed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- Chop head of cauliflower into florets and place in food processor. Pulse until it starts to resemble rice; set aside.
- Heat a large wok (or skillet) over medium heat and drizzle in sesame oil. Add onion, peas and carrots and saute until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together liquid aminos, honey, ginger and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Slide veggie mixture to one side of the wok and add in the beaten eggs, scrambling until cooked through and then incorporate with the veggies.
- Stir in cauliflower "rice" and pour liquid aminos over top, mixing well. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and tender.
- Top with green onions, serve and enjoy!