5 energy ball recipes that make for easy snacking
5 Ingredient Cookie Dough Snack Balls
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup nut butter of choice or peanut butter. For nut allergies, use sunflower seed butter
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted or softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips (I use ENJOY LIFE chocolate chips because they are dairy, nut and soy free)
- Combine all the ingredients, except mini chocolate chips into a bowl and stir until well incorporated.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Roll out into bite size balls (about 1 inch).
- Refrigerate or freeze until hardened (only takes a few minutes!)
Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- Place the dates into a small bowl and cover with water. Let soak for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Place the pecans into a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add in the rest of the ingredients, including the soaked dates. Pulse until combined. Adjust the spices to taste. Place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Use your hands to form the dough into small balls. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- Place dates, walnuts, sesame seeds, lemon juice and zest in a food processor.
- Pulse and blend until completely mixed. The mixture will be slightly sticky.
- With dampened hands, roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
- Roll in coconut and chill until ready to serve.
No Bake Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (raw)
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted and cooled
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseed meal (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 6 Tbsp chocolate chips (next time I'll use minis)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer mixture to refrigerator or freezer and chill until set (I actually cheated here and shaped mine before chilling with damp hands but I think chilling would make it easier to shape them).
- Remove from refrigerator and shape into 1-inch balls.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
CINNAMON APPLE ENERGY BITES
- 1 cup dried apples (not freeze dried)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/8 t. allspice
- 2 T. water, more if needed
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and blend until the mixture turns into a paste or dough like consistency.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.