tossed greek salad with vinaigrette
- romaine lettuce, chopped
- red onion, thinly sliced
- Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- pepperoncinis, sliced
- tomatoes, seeded chopped
- cucumber, sliced
- feta cheese, crumbled
1. In a large salad bowl, combine the Romaine, onion, olives, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber and cheese.
2. Prepare dressing, drizzle over top, toss, and serve.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 3/4 tsp. onion powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste (about 1/4 tsp. each)
1. Pour vinegar and mustard into a food processor. Turn on low and slowly add the olive oil to emulsify. Add the garlic powder, oregano, basil, onion powder and salt and pepper. Pulse a few more times to incorporate. (Can be done by hand in a large bowl, adding the olive oil slowly while whisking vigorously to emulsify.)
2. Drizzle over salad and serve. Keeps well at room temperature.