Tropical Buddah Bowl
Buddah Bowls! I seriously love them. I first tried one back in the spring while visiting family in Redding. It was like the very best thing I've ever had. So we got the bright idea to start making them on our own at home. There are a million recipes to choose from and theres no right or wrong way to do them. Lots of veggie and love takes these delicious dinners to the next level. Enjoy!
- 1 cup cooked cauliflower rice, chilled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons liquid aminos (healthy alternative to soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 ounces uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail removed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup shredded red or green cabbage
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Montmorency dried tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
Almond Lime Dressing
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 4+ drops sriracha hot sauce
- In large cast-iron skillet or grill pan, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add shrimp, onions, broccoli, and pineapple to pan, keeping each ingredient in a quarter of the pan so they don’t mix together.
- Season shrimp with ground pepper, and drizzle with a teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Remove from pan once shrimp turns pink and cooked through and pineapple and broccoli are seared on both sides.
- Add cooked cauliflower rice to heated skillet and stir in coconut flakes and remaining teaspoon of liquid aminos. Remove from pan when cauliflower rice is heated through.
- In small bowl, whisk together lime juice, almond butter, and water adding more water depending on desired thickness of dressing and how juicy limes are. Kick up the heat with sriracha hot sauce, adding additional drops if you like it spicy.
- Divide coconut and cauliflower rice among two shallow serving bowls, and top with shrimp, onions, pineapple, broccoli, cabbage, avocado, tart cherries, pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of almond butter lime dressing. Serve with lemon wedges and chopsticks if desired.