We eat grain, dairy and sugar free not because we want to be a part of some fad, but because we feel so much better as a family when we eat that way AND eating like this keeps the eczema flare ups pretty much non-existent around here (read our story HERE). I found this recipe from the Civilized Caveman and after making it several times, I have tweaked it to make these pancakes extra fluffy, just the way Ren likes. This recipe is so simple and can be make in 10 minutes, can I hear an amen for less kitchen time!? I hope you enjoy this easy, delicious recipe!
Serves: 5 pancakes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk or water - add more if needed when the recipe is completed
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- Coconut oil, for greasing the skillet
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup (75 grams) fresh blueberries or chocolate chips
- Maple syrup, for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a VitaMix or blender and blend on high for 30 seconds making sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Grease a large skillet and place over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, use a ladle to pour 3-inch (7.5-cm) pancakes in the skillet.
- Once holes begin to appear in the surface of a pancake, drop a small handful of chocolate chips onto it and flip it. The pancake should cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Repeat with rest of the batter.
- Top with coconut butter and enjoy!