These muffins are from the Nourished Kitchen and they are heaven. If you're into the Primal/Paleo thing, or even if you're not, you gotta give them a whirl. I like to say that they are guilt free because they are so healthy and who doesn't love guilt free snacks!? Let me know what you think!
- 2 cups almond flour (divided)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 6 eggs (preferably pasture-raised)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- coconut oil or butter (to grease muffin pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease large 6-8 muffin cups with coconut oil or butter.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of almond flour. In a mixing bowl or food processor combine remaining 2 cups almond flour, coconut flour, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, honey and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and blend thoroughly. Gently fold in blueberries, then pour batter into 6-8 large cups. Pat tops down into rounded heaps and use a brush to dab with with butter. Sprinkle with remaining almond flour for a pretty finish. Bake for 30-40 minutes. The top should be springy yet firm when they’re ready.