3 iced tea recipes to bring in the summer
TEA! It's just a part of summer. Am I right?! Well at least it is in the south and even though we live in southern Cal, we will be brewing up some of these yummy recipes old school style. On the back porch letting the sun steep the BEST tea. I hope you enjoy these recipes!
Peach Iced Tea Recipe
- 1 cup Honey or Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2-3 sliced fresh Peaches
- 3 Tea Bags
- 6 cups Water
Making Peach Syrup
- Place water, honey and peaches in saucepan over med-high heat until they come to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Crush peach slices as you stir to dissolve the honey (or coconut sugar).
- Once the honey is dissolved turn off the burner, cover, and allow to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Strain syrup to remove fruit pieces.
- Bring water to boil, then shut off and steep your tea bags for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags allow to cool to room temperature, then add syrup to tea and refrigerate.
- Add syrup and serve over ice.
Raspberry Tea Recipe
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups brewed tea
- Bring the raspberries and water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, using the back of a spoon to squeeze out the juice.
- Add the tea to a pitcher.
- Stir in the sugar and raspberry juice mixture.
- Chill 1 hour. Serve over ice.
Strawberry Lemonade Sun Tea
- 24 ounces Filtered Water
- 1 Family Size Iced Tea Bag (or 3 regular tea bags)
- 1 Lemon - sliced
- 5-6 Large Strawberries - tops removed and cut in half
- You can add sweetener of your choice after
- Combine water and sweetener in large glass container. Stir.
- Add the lemon, strawberries and tea bag.
- Seal container and place in direct sunlight for 1-2 hours.
- Add sweetener of your choice.
- Serve tea over ice.